Last updated: April 6, 2022
1. What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in a computer’s browser directory. They help site providers with things like understanding how people use a site, remembering a User’s login details, and storing site preferences.
- ensure that our Platform function properly,
- detect and prevent fraud,
- understand how visitors use and engage with our Platform, and
- analyze and improve the Platform.
3. Who sets cookies when I use Seamm Platform?
There are two main types of cookies that can be set:
- First party cookies: these cookies are placed and read by Seamm directly when you use our Platform,
- Third party cookies: these cookies are not set by Seamm, but by other companies, like Google or Facebook, for site analytics purposes. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
Cookies play an important role in helping us provide effective and safe Services. Below is a description of the commonly used cookie types and the purposes that apply to them. Each section references Seamm’s Cookies’ Settings where you can find more information about each cookie, and exercise your choices.
Some cookies are essential to the operation of our Platform and make it usable and secure by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Platform. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Authentication. To remember your login state so you don’t have to log in as you navigate through our Platform.
- Security. To protect Personal Data from unauthorized access.
- Functionality. To keep our Platform working correctly, like showing you the right information for your location.
Preference cookies may be used by Seamm to remember your preferences and to recognize you when you return to our Platform.
Analytics cookies help us understand how you interact with our Platform. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Platform Features and Services. To remember how you prefer to use our Platform so that you don’t have to reconfigure your settings each time you log into your account.
- To Analyze and Improve Our Platform. To make our Platform work better for you. Cookies help us understand how people reach our Platform. They give us insights into improvements or enhancements we need to make to our Platform.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs). May be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of End Users, End Customers, and Representatives (such as email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Third Party Analytics. Through Google Analytics in order to collect and analyze information about the use of the Platform and report on activities and trends. This service may also collect information regarding the use of other sites, apps and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices on the Google Webpage. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
5. Can I opt-out?
Yes. You can opt out of cookies through our Cookie Settings, with the exception of those cookies that are necessary to provide you with our Services. Your web browser may allow you to manage your cookie preferences, including to delete and disable Seamm cookies. You can take a look at the help section of your web browser to understand your options. If you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Platform may not operate as intended.